Delivering a diverse range of niche skillsets for our client’s permanent workforce
Our client is the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation who takes great pride in the considerable depth and breadth of the expertise of their workforce. They have c. 26,000 skilled staff workers who design, build, manage, operate and maintain assets that are vital to the delivery of many key public services, both in the UK and overseas.
Our client required a solution that could deliver a diverse range of permanent skills across over 230 sites in the UK. In 2012, they launched a procurement exercise to identify a partner to locate, attract, screen and deliver their permanent workforce needs. These requirements spanned Marine & Technology, Critical Assets, Defence & Security and their Nuclear division.
Key requirements for the solution included:
- The ability to access specialist engineering skills in a highly competitive market, cost effectively
- To improve the candidate and hiring manager experience
- A flexible programme to accommodate a federated and diverse business both in geography and skills required
- Accurate and useful data and information to make strategic business decisions and drive the right behaviour.
ManpowerGroup Solutions was selected and designed a solution based on the principles of talent delivery, consistency, communication and service quality.
Our solution has included:
- A dedicated, onsite client management team focused on delivering the core and specialist skills our client demanded, through our delivery brands Manpower and Experis
- Supported by dedicated and specialist recruiters aligned by specialist verticals to proactively target the passive candidate market
- A well developed Employer Value Proposition (EVP) managed in a high touch way throughout the recruitment lifecycle
- A programme aligned to business units with a mix of fixed and flexible operating processes
- A single PMO across all business lines capturing data and providing insight and trend analysis both internal and external.
- Significant improvement in our client’s ability to source candidates that were previously either unavailable to them or only accessed through expensive head hunters
- The EVP that has been developed in partnership with our client is tailored according to each vacancy and articulated clearly by ManpowerGroup Solutions and the supply chain. The candidate experience throughout the selection process has improved time to hire by 20% and candidate acceptance of offers from 80% to 95%
- Programme alignment by Business Units means that the programme has Subject Matter Experts in place and dedicated to our client from Nuclear to Broadcasting
- Improved data and market insight has reduced programme risks with predictable hiring costs and timelines within bids, ensured pay and reward is aligned to the market, and improved performance by recognising and driving best practice.
permanent employees hired to date
improvement in time to hire
of candidate offers accepted following improved candidate experience