Delivering a neutral managed service programme for a global leader in information technology
Founded over 40 years ago, our client is now one of the largest and most successful information technology companies in the world with a workforce of over 90,500 temporary workers across over 70 countries and territories.
- Our client’s Global Procurement Group (GPG) initiated a global change programme to identify and monitor their temporary resource
- In 2009, they began to review their temporary workforce model in the UK. Their existing model included an onsite team managing a portion of the temporary workforce of over 500, sourced through four main suppliers
- Our client decided to implement a Neutral Managed Service Programme (MSP)
- In addition, they asked ManpowerGroup Solutions to assist the setup of this programme in the Benelux regions.
- Our client appointed ManpowerGroup Solutions to deliver a truly neutral MSP through our TAPFIN programme
- We introduced a dedicated onsite Account Management Team, known as the Talent Source Programme Office (TSPO). They liaise directly with our client’s hiring managers, both in the UK and worldwide, to understand the culture and role requirements of each business area; effectively manage a robust supply chain and oversee the successful delivery of the programme
- The TSPO worked closely with our client and their selected third party technology provider to implement the new delivery model. We worked closely with the technology provider to ensure we understood the system and tailor the tool to meet our client’s UK requirements, specifically monthly payroll and an enhanced benefits package
- A steering committee of key stakeholders was created to measure our engagement, communication and delivery of policy changes across the organisation. Working closely with our steering committee, we educated each hiring manager on the new processes
- We worked with the incumbent supplier to introduce both their organisation and their second tier suppliers into our approved supply chain. We proactively searched and selected a series of national and local suppliers to augment the existing supply base
- To add further value to our solution, we introduced a payroll only agreement. This ensures that after 12 months tenure in a position, the majority of candidates are transferred to a payroll only fee, providing a significant further cost saving for our client.
Since implementing our solution, we have:
- Successfully managed the growth of the onsite temporary workforce from over 350 on day one to 800+ today. This includes managing over 14,200 CVs through Talent Source and filling over 400 new assignments within the first year of implementation
- Managed over 650 requests across 2014, with an average time to fill of less than ten days from order to placement
- Manage over 500 workers at the 12-month payroll rate. Generated cost savings in excess of £2.5million during the first year through the transition of workers to the new programme
- Consistently maintained performance against all of our service level agreements
- Increased the overall satisfaction of over 300 hiring managers.
cost savings generated during first year of programme
managed in temporary workforce
requests managed across 2014
days – average time to fill