RPO Solution enhances recruitment process and candidate experience for a global airline
Our client is one of the world’s leading global premium airlines and the largest international carrier in the UK. The airline carries more than 40 million customers a year and currently has approximately 40,000 employees including 15,000 cabin crew, 3,600 pilots and 5,500 engineers.
- Our client required a high volume of candidates to be sourced across four business lines over a short period of time
- Reflecting the scope of their complex business, they sought a workforce that was both diverse and flexible
- There was also a desire to enhance the overall candidate experience, and ensure an increase in positive feedback from candidates.
- Following a competitive bid process, ManpowerGroup Solutions secured the opportunity to manage the RPO programme for this prestigious client and assembled a team of RPO resourcing experts
- Extensive planning ensured the team could generate the large volumes of candidates required. The entire recruitment process was redesigned, from application through to on-boarding
- Messaging was transparent regarding the flexibility that would be required in the jobs; this allowed candidates who were not open to such requirements to de-select themselves from the recruitment process at an early stage. The creation of ‘Best in Class’ assessment centres that were shorter and smarter also added to an improved candidate experience.
- A specialist candidate attraction campaign was launched across a variety of channels, attracting over 23,000 candidates. We are delivering 800 perm hires across 2015
- Feedback from the airline itself, assessors and the account team confirmed the ‘Best in Class’ assessment centres had resulted in a noticeable increase in the quality of candidates assessed
- An improved candidate experience was verified by almost 90% of candidates, who rated their recruitment experience either ‘good’ or ‘excellent’
- 100% of candidates have passed Heathrow and Gatwick airside vetting.
perm hires across 2015
passed Heathrow and Gatwick airside vetting