The Kickstart scheme is a great initiative for employers to identify future talent for their organisations whilst giving young people an opportunity to improve their career prospects. But many employers are still unsure about how they can make the scheme a success for their business, with questions covering everything from making the initial application, to onboarding young people at a time when we’re still subject to social distancing restrictions.
ManpowerGroup partnered with The Prince’s Trust to host a webinar on the Kickstart scheme, where Mark Cahill, MD of ManpowerGroup UK, Jonathan Townsend, CEO of The Prince’s Trust and Sam Olsen, CEO of Movement to Work discussed:
- The obstacles to getting started with Kickstart and how employers can overcome them
- How to structure a programme within your business and ensure buy-in
- Why building a programme around a young person is key
- How to effectively engage young people
- The importance of providing the right employability support